Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy B'day Driver duDe ...

The whole day I was bombarded with issues at the work place but everything got negated out with the smile and 'muchas gracias' i received from my friend...Fernando

Fernando is the one who makes sure that we reach our homes safe and sound after a day's work. I donno how it all started because , he doesnt speak or understand my language, he doesnt share my cubicle, he doesnt share my apartment nor are we distant relatives....

We greet each other with a hola and a com estas when I board the bus , then once all are in Fernando takes over with his humor making the bus ride a joy for ppl who understand spanish - he could make a fortune if he tried his hand on 'stand up ' comedy.. I liked the way he mingled with the A.. Z in the bus !! His smile, versatility, body language,humor sense all makes the ride back home really comfy - just the reverse of the morning ride that we take...

So yesterday he was telling me that he turns 32 today ;-) so thot of surprising him and presented him with a bottle of Tannat and feliz compleanos instead of the usual hola and com estas .. and i got in return a great smile and the best 'muchas gracias' straight from the heart !!!

Once again happy b'day my friend !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. its been a while since I visited your page... and must say, this is one very good post that I have read in recent times...
Brought a big smile to my face... :)
Does your special friend know that you have mentioned him on your blog? Wish he would come across this sometime.. Am sure it will make his day!!!

maroon-beret said...

Yeah thank u Anonymous...I dont think he knows or would know it anyway as it is in english and a blog ;-) He is a really nice guy and one of the rare 'happy' commodities you can find on earth.. he deserves a place ..