Saturday, January 9, 2010

Crashed by Car & Washed by Wits .........

This working week ended on a great note with a meeting with the ex-CEO and current vice chairman of my company. He was on a tour to south america , and was a lucky to share a meeting table with him. It was a great eye opener for many of us.. and helped us put a different perspective to what we do...

Then there was a "cant say NO " invite from a group of friends to a place called El Pinar - the goodies on offer were a great home by the beach, lots of music, BBQ , the twin W's - wine & Whisky, and great beautiful friends to chat off the night...

Was so thrilled to get off to a beach home with a energetic group as this NY eve was spent alone by the beach lying half in water and half in sand.. watching the firework lit sky ....

2230 my friend picked me up from my home and then as my lovely jinx always does wonders - the car goes dead !! We tried almost everything common sense (the little we have) ordered us to -- I now remembered my Dad's words during my university years when I was trying to graduate in Mechanical Engineering : " Try to be a real engineer not a one on paper" -
I think I couldn't keep his word on this, apart from many others of course ....

By the time we needed some drinks 4 thought and the first W to speed into our throats was the 12 years old Walker. Then the 4 of us had a crazy idea of why not spend the night at the beach in carrassco... LOL we were laughing at the idea but the sleeping bags.. and the right rocky place we scouted in a bit ensured a 100% participation !!!

The wind the rhythm of the sea, little guitar tunes from Juan kept us going the whole night - did I miss Luci's songs ??? We should have slept about 2 - 2.5 hours , then the early morning sun , the waves and the birds woke us up !! It was awesome just like the one I spent on a catamaran back in india - but this one was on the rocks rather than in the Sea ! the effect on the crazy meter is the same .. believe me or not ....

How could we resist an early morning dip if the stay place offered a very large pool with depth varying from an inch to a few 1000 meters ,moderate temperature, no lanes, no time or space restrictions ;-) ? We all swam in the morning water for sometime .. wiping off all the sand that had made love to us the night ....

Returned to my home around midday , with a smile cut across my face thinking of the last 10 or so hours ... life has its twists and turns...its easy to accept and improvize than to resist and ruin !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Good!
Loved the last line.. "its easy to accept and improvize than to resist and ruin !!! " :)

Sunshine Smile said...

Lucky you !!! Hmmmm....I am jealous now !!!!

Nithin Rajan said...

Great post bro, the best things that we do are almost always the very impulsive things

maroon-beret said...

Gracias.. and Nidhi rightly said - I cant agree more !! out the more you sweep with ur vision radar the more u find it..